Student Club Committee
The Student Club Committee's mission is to manage the NeuroTechX Student Club Initiative. With full authority over the initiative the committee should handle everything related to that initiative, from the brainstorming of the competition, the website, the guidelines & support for student clubs, the organisation of the competition, the marketing, etc.
Every university in the world should have its neurotech & biosignal student club!
After a successful pilot project in Montreal & Toronto in 2016, we are ready to scale the initiative. Join us!
- Organize the 2017 Edition / Competition(s) *
- Help & Support the creation of new Student Clubs.
- Help & Support existing Student Clubs.
- Explore and Secure new partnerships.
- Grow the initiative internationally.
- Work closely with EDU to share & centralize resources & information.
Roles & Members
The committee should be a mix of undergrads, grads and members from the 2016 edition.
The committee should not count more than 1 admin from a specific student club.
The committee should not exceed 9 people.
- Responsible for building the team.
- Responsible of organizing meetings.
- Following up with gurus.
- Administrative Guru
- Writing documents.
- Taking minutes.
- Marketing Guru
- Responsible for the overall marketing, outreach & visibility of the SC initiative.
- Helping student clubs visibility.
- Work with NTX Marketing Director for Newsletters and Campaigns.
- Help to manage and give access to NTX Marketing Assets.
- Education Content Guru
- Helping SC with online materials (tutorials, projects, code, etc.)
- Work with the Student Clubs & EDU to share and centralize resources.
- Sponsorship / Partnership Guru
- Guidelines & Processes for Sponsorship & Money flow.
- Responsible for having a cash neutral (or positive) - awesome - competition(s).
- Work hand in hand with the Finance Director.
- Responsible to explore potential partnerships with the industry.
- Web Guru
- Maintaining the Student Club Initiative website.
- Student Club Guru
- Provide Expertise & Experience from previous edition (2016).
- The roles & tasks should be designed to average 3h to 5h of work / week.
- Possibilities with this initiative are endless. But requires a bit of work!
- Not being serious & committed not only impact yourself, but all the other members.
- Failing to meet the expectations and attending meetings will result in a replacement.
- Work will be remote and meetings are held through (video) calls.
- Ideal commitment length of 1 year (2017 Student Club Committee).
This is a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating environment in the field of neuroscience and emerging technologies. By being part of this amazing organization, you will also be working with an international team scattered across ~20 cities of the world, including San Francisco, Montreal, New York, London, Munich, Lima, Tel Aviv, Boston, Los Angeles, and more.
*Please note this position is a volunteer position.
If you are up for the challenge, please fill this form.
For more information, please contact: yannick [at] neurotechx.com.